The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
– Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Hello, Beautiful Person!
Sometimes in a person’s life, they can get to a point where they feel the need to share an old story that has been burning inside them, aching to be told.
Maybe it is a story of childbearing loss, or of not being able to bear a child, or looking back as the adult child raised in a family where a sibling passed away as a baby. Perhaps it has been buried under years – even decades – of feeling there was no point talking, and no one willing to listen anyway.
Perhaps you have been touched by someone in your family’s past who lost a child – now as an adult, you might be wanting to share some of your thoughts and feelings about how you have been personally affected (or not!).
If this is you and you are at that point, you are most welcome
to share your words and insights here.
You have a unique way of getting through your journey. A perspective that is helpful to others who may be newer on their path. The aim of sharing our stories together in this central place is to create a point of focus and healing, of sharing and learning. At this early stage of the project’s inception, they will appear as Guest Posts on Sunny Side Up. As the catalogue builds up over time, you will be able to view your stories in one categorized place on a separate page so they will never be lost amongst newer posts.
Feel free to read previous stories (this category will hopefully grow in time so that we can all learn from others’ sharing)
Just a couple of Formalities:
The aim here is ultimately for safety, support and comfort. To ensure this happens to the best of the site owner’s reasonable ability, just a few requests are listed below the Contact Form and it is asked that you please read them carefully.
You may use the form below as a brief enquiry form OR submit a whole post (between 200-1,000 words). If your word count is higher than 1,000 words please use the form below to contact me and discuss (or send an email), as a series of guest posts may work better.
Are you ready? In Your Words… x
• The Subject and Focus prompts will help to group your story with others, so please consider carefully if you decide not to check any boxes. However, these are not required – it just helps with site housekeeping, really!
• Within reason, the site owner will not be held responsible for the validity of stories submitted.
• Stories that may be deemed derogatory to any third parties are not advisable and may not be published on the site.
• In the unlikely event a story is not suitable for posting, respectfully, no discussion will be entered into.
• All comments will be strictly moderated so you can be assured of a safe place to talk about your journey.